Brand Identity is one of the most important things to consider for any business. It’s what a customer will remember when they think of you.
Why it is important to have a strong brand identity
- Branding encourages confidence, trust and loyalty in your business services, its products and the business itself.
- Brand preference – over time customers will automatically turn to you as it’s the brand they remember most (consider brands like Amazon, Currys, Coca Cola to name a few).
- Sets you apart from your competitors.
- Keeps the brand and message consistent through all communication methods.
- Motivate your employees as they clearly understand who they’ve working for.
- And of course, all this can help your business see positive financial returns.
What does a brand identity involve
There are many aspect to a brand identity and you’d be surprised to what could be considered important for you and your business. Here are some examples of what brand identity could mean to you:
- Your business logo – how you define it, the colours you use etc.
- Stationery – Letter-headed paper, business cards, compliment slips etc.
- Marketing materials – Catalogues, flyers, websites, reports etc.
- Products and packaging – What you sell and how they are packaged.
- Signage – On your business premises, vehicles or display boards.
- Electronic communications: Emails, online publications, newsletters etc.
- And much more